INFORMATION ON PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION OF WEBSITE VISITORS
Turkmex Çinko Üretim ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Turkmex) acts with the utmost care to protect fundamental rights and freedoms of people, especially the right to private life stated in the Article 20 of Turkish Constitution. With this purpose on mind, Turkmex shows great diligence to lawfully protect personal data and this mentality rules all the planning and implementation of its activities.
Lawful processing of personal data which construct the core of the right to private life, is not just a simple act of abiding with the legislation but also a reflection of human value. Acting with this mindset, Turkmex takes all necessary technical and organizational measures in order to safely store personal data and prevent their illegal processing.
Please find below information on processing and transfer rules of personal data produced or shared during use of “www.turkmex.com.tr” website in accordance with Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698
Law: Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698
Personal Data: All kinds of information on a natural person who is known or identifiable.
Online Visitor/ Subject: Every person reaching the Website. Online visitors are considered to be a part of “Visitors” type of person in published company policies.
Board: Personal Data Protection Board
Company: Turkmex Çinko Üretim ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Turkmex)
Web Hosting Provider: Natural or legal persons providing or managing the systems hosting the services and content on the web.
2. Processed Personal Data
Online Visitor’s processed personal data regarding the access to the website and actions taken during visit are as follows:
For Online Visitors browsing on the Website,
– Activity Security Information (IP address, website traffic information)
For Online Visitors who fill up the forms on the Website
– Identification information (name, surname)
– Contact Information (e-mail address, phone number)
Abiding by the Law, it is possible to process data not stated above, when it is necessary for the management, development and security of the Website.
3. Methods and Legal Cause of Personal Data Gathering
Personal data are gathered through use of Website and completion of contact forms for the purpose of processing them with fully or partially automatic ways and storing them as long as they need to be.
Personal data are processed upon explicit consent of the Online Visitor. However, it is also possible to process personal data without explicit consent of the subject in cases below also defined in the 2nd paragraph of Article 5 of the Law.
i. Clearly stated by the laws and regulations
ii. Imperative for the data controller to do fulfill their legal obligations
iii. Imperative to process data in order to fulfill, use or protect rights.
iv. Imperative to process data for legitimate interest of the data controller without prejudice to fundamental rights and freedoms of the Subject.
4. Purposes of Personal Data Processing
Depending on the Online Visitors’ activities on the Website personal data are processed for the purposes below when clearly stated by law and when cases defined in the 2nd paragraph of Article 5 of the Law are present:
- In case the Visitor fills the “Identification and Contact Information” form on the Website, the data are processed to manage/control business activities, manage customer relations processes, follow up on claims and complaints and communicate when necessary.
- “Website traffic information” are processed to ensure information security.
On the other hand, in accordance with the Law No.5651 and other relevant regulations, the Web Hosting Provider needs to record and save the website traffic information.
Explicit consent is necessary for processing personal data of Online Visitors in order to send commercial electronic messages.
No third party cookies are used on the Website. Only the ones necessary for management and security of the website can be used. Online Visitors can disable cookies by changing browser settings or arrange notifications for themselves. When cookies are disabled, some functions of the Website may not work properly.
You can find further information below on how to manage (and disable) cookies on some of the most popular browsers.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/tr-tr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/tr/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
5. Transfer Points and Purpose of Transfer of Processed Personal Data
In case one of the conditions on the 2nd paragraph of Article 5 of the Law is present, personal data can be transferred to group companies, connected partnerships, affiliates, work partners of Turkmex and government authorities with the purposes stated in Article 4 of this text on condition that necessary security measures stated in Article 8 and 9 of the Law have been taken.
In case none of the conditions stated in the 2nd paragraph of Article 5 of the Law is present, transfer of the personal data is bound to be upon the explicit consent of the Online Visitor.
6. Rights of the Personal Data Subject under Article 11 of the Law
Turkmex informs the data subject of their rights under Article 10 of the Law, shows the ways to use these rights and establishes necessary internal workflow, organizational and technical regulations for data protection.
According to the Article 10 of the Law, the personal data subject is entitled to
• know whether their personal data has been processed,
• ask for information in case their data has been processed,
• know the purposes of data processing and whether their data is being used in harmony with the given purposes,
• know the third parties in or outside the country to whom their personal data has been transferred,
• ask for rectification of their personal data in case they have been incompletely or incorrectly processed,
• ask for erasure or destruction of personal data in accordance with the Article 7 of the Law,
• ask for the third parties to be notified of the actions (rectification and destruction) taken in accordance with paragraphs (d) and (e) of the Article 11 of the Law,
• object to negative conclusions drawn on behalf of them using solely automatic systems for analyzing the data,
• ask for compensation in case they are harmed by unlawful processing of their personal data.
All claims and requests regarding the application of the Law can be made by filling the Personal Data Subject Application Form and personally handing it over at “Çoraklar Mahallesi, 5012 Sokak No:43, 35800 Aliağa OSB Aliağa / İzmir” or through a Notary or sending the form to our registered e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) (KEP), or in an electronic environment by using safe electronic signature or mobile signature.
If there is an e-mail address previously given to Turkmex and saved by its system, claims and requests might also be sent to email@example.com using this e-mail address as well.
Claims and request must have the following items:
- Name and surname, signature if the application is being made in writing
- Turkish Republic identification number of Turkish citizens; nationality, passport number and identification number of foreigners.
- Actual address for the notifications to be made or work place address
- E-mail address, phone number and fax number if any, for notifications
- Subject of the claim
All information and documents need to be sent along with the application.
Turkmex handles the application free of charge, as soon as possible considering the nature of the claim, and in 30 days maximum. However in case necessary actions to handle the claim require an extra cost, the amount in the tariff defined by the Board can be charged.
Turkmex can accept the claim or reject it giving its reasons and send its response to the Data Subject in writing or through electronic environment. In case the claim is accepted, Turkmex takes necessary actions as soon as possible and informs the data subject thereof. If the application is caused by Turkmex’s fault, the data subject will be reimbursed for the charged fee.
In cases of rejection, insufficient or late response of the application, data subject is entitled to file a complaint to the Board within 30 days upon receiving the response and within 60 days upon the date of the application.
7. Data Security
Turkmex is bound to prevent unlawful processing of and access to personal data, to ensure their safe storage and take all necessary technical and organizational measures to provide adequate level of security.
In case Visitors are directed to other websites or applications Turkmex does not have information regarding whether these other environments are conforming to personal data protection regulations and cannot be held liable for their content and their privacy policies.
Using this Website, Online Visitor affirms that they have read all the conditions on this informative text and has been informed on personal data processing.